Four times a year I do what some call “Spring Cleaning”. If I did one major cleaning just once a year my house would get bad, really bad. Towards the end of each season I like to do a seasonal cleaning. I also like to do a really good cleaning before putting up Christmas decorations.
What does my seasonal cleaning consist of you may ask. Well, I will share with you what it consist of.
- Deep cleaning the kitchen. Well that is wiping down the inside and outside of the cabinets. Cleaning the stove, inside the eyes, and cleaning the oven. Cleaning the fridge and the freezer, I actually do this once a week. Organize all the cabinets, get rid of anything broken, go through junk drawer and throw away junk. Just going through my stuff and organizing it.
- Wipe down the walls. Yes, I mean wipe down the walls. Get a bucket of hot water and get the kids involved. Also wipe down the baseboards and moldings. My house this is a necessity with all those little dirty hands constantly touching the walls.
- Go through closets. See what fits and what does not fit. Yes, I do this for all 6 kiddos. It is quit the chore but has to get done. Go through shoes, see what fits. Also just clean out the junk. My kids can accumulate a lot of junk.
- Bathrooms: Well, wipe down the walls. Scrub everything. Organize the cabinet. Basically make sure you clean that bathroom spotless.
- Children’s bedroom. This is the time to get rid of stuff. Let them help you. Clean and organize. Make sure they wipe down their walls and baseboards. This is a time you can teach them about giving to others that is less fortunate than you. Pick out toys that they no longer play with and donate them.
- If you have ceiling fans, wipe them down. You can use a dryer sheet, a wet rag, or both.
- I like to use this time to organize my laundry room and other rooms in the house also.
On my next post I will talk about how I clean the rooms quickly and efficiently.
Please leave any of your ideas and things you do for your seasonal or spring cleaning. This is just the basics for people that might need help with starting a Seasonal cleaning.