A focus challenge is when you focus on a few task. You start out by making a list. Example: 1. Make bed 2.Clean night stands 3.Clean up floor 4.Sweep. It is important to keep the list small, all you need is 4 to 5 task to focus on at a time.
Then you set the timer, you can set it for 5 minutes or for 10, for each task. The focus challenge is meant to pick task you can complete within a 5 to 10 minute time frame. It is important to complete each task at hand before moving on the next task.
Some things that help me focus and not get distracted:
- Have all my materials in the room with me.
- Have two Walmart bags, one for trash and one for recycling
- Have a dirty clothes basket
- Have a empty basket for items that belong in other rooms.
- Have my broom, vacuum, and Swiffer with me.
I usually do this when I am feeling overwhelmed and don’t really know where to start. This also helps me get rooms cleaned up quickly. To get my momentum going I usually start in the smallest room of the house. Then when I see progress I keep the momentum going by moving on to the next list of task to focus on.